Quality management in the project is of considerable importance from both an economic and a social point of view. The bridge construction project is located on the local road networks and focuses on many complex problems and issues that can be effectively solved by the quality management process. The research is to identify the best system for quality management in the bridge construction project. Quality Management plays an important role in the entire construction process. Total Quality Management, Quality Assurance and Quality Control ranked highest respectively as a part of quality management practices being followed in projects. Finding defects early will save you a lot of money, and you will see the project proceed as expected. The results of this study will document the early defects and solutions to it which help to improve the quality system of bridge construction projects. It focuses on providing a tool and idea to improve quality management for the construction. It also assists the contractor, consultancy and customer to understand best practices for the quality management system used in the bridge construction process.
Cite this article:
M. Ram Babu, T. Seshadri Sekkhar. Quality Management of an Infrastructure Project with A Case Study of Two-Tier Flyover Bridge. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2021;12(2):44-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-581X.2021.00008
M. Ram Babu, T. Seshadri Sekkhar. Quality Management of an Infrastructure Project with A Case Study of Two-Tier Flyover Bridge. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2021;12(2):44-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-581X.2021.00008 Available on: https://ijersonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-2-4
1. Anjay Kumar Mishap (2018) , Practices for Quality Management System Adopted in the Bridge Construction Projects of Kathmandu, Nepal, Journal of Advanced Research in Quality Control and Management Volume 3, Issue 1 and 2 - 2018, Pg. No. 42-52.
2. FU Bing (2017), Quality Control Measures in Highway Bridge Construction, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.18686/wc.v6i1.100.
3. IS 516-1959(Reaffirmed 1999) Edition 1.2 (1991-07) Indian Standard Methods of tests for strength of concrete.
4. IS: 13311(Part 2):1992 Method of non-destructive testing of concrete-methods of test, Rebound hammer by Bureau of Indian Standards
5. Fox, Arthur J, Holly A Cornell (1985) Quality in the Constructed Projects : Proceedings of a workshop, Sponsored by ASCE, American Society of Civil Engineers.
6. Arditi D.A. GM. Total Quality Management in the Construction Process. International Journal of Project Management 1998; 15: 235-243.
7. Oakland J. a. A.A. Quality Management in Civil and Structural Engineering Consulting. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management 1995.
8. Wan Yusoff Wan Mahmood, A.H.M.M. S.M.Z.M.Y.A.B., (2006). Development of Quality Culture in the Construction Industry.