Srijan Kumar, Santosh Kumar Mishra
Srijan Kumar1*, Santosh Kumar Mishra2
1M.Tech. (Production Engineering), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, India.
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
This paper objects to deliver a brief summary on different types of Conformal cooling channel designs available for injection molding process, Also, the conformal cooling channel plays very important role in plastic injection process of injection molding by improving its efficiency and quality thus, reducing the whole cycle time of production. A comparative study of different conformal cooling channels like Series and parallel Conformal cooling channel, square section conformal cooling channel (SSCCC), Spiral cooling channel, Scaffold conformal cooling channel, array of baffle conformal cooling channel, micro cooling channel and their effects on injection molding based manufacturing process are shown. Study related to the performance analysis of different conformal cooling channels is done by using “Autodesk moldflow Advisor”. This paper presents a succinct review of recent progress in Conformal cooling channels.
Cite this article:
Srijan Kumar, Santosh Kumar Mishra. Optimization of Injection Molding Process by using different types of Conformal Cooling Channels. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2022; 13(2):47-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-581X.2022.00006
Srijan Kumar, Santosh Kumar Mishra. Optimization of Injection Molding Process by using different types of Conformal Cooling Channels. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2022; 13(2):47-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-581X.2022.00006 Available on: https://ijersonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-2-1
1. Wang Y, Yu K-M, Wang CCL, Zhang Y. (2011). Automatic design of conformal cooling circuit for rapid tooling. Comput-Aided Des 2011;43(8):1001–10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2011.04.011
2. Yu Wang a,∗ , Kai-Min Yua , Charlie C.L. (2015). Wang Spiral and conformal cooling in plastic injection molding. J. Comput. Aided Des. 63C (2015) 1–11 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2014.11.012
3. Muhammad Khan, S. Kamran Afaq, Nizar Ullah Khan and Saboor. (2014). Cycle Time Reduction in Injection Molding Process by Selection of Robust Cooling Channel Design International Scholarly Research Notices, vol. 2014, Article ID 968484, 8 pages, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/968484
4. Himanshu Gangber , S.K.Ganguly, Santosh Kumar Mishra. (2017). Modeling and Analysis of Micro Cooling Channel for Plastics Injection Mould by using Moldflow Adviser. 2017. Volume 7 Issue No.7
5. KM Au and KM Yu. (2007). A scaffolding architecture for conformal cooling design in rapid plastic injection moulding. Int J Adv Manuf Tech 2007; 34: 496–515. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-006-0628-x
6. A B M Saifullah, S.H. Masood and Igor Sbarski. (2009). New Cooling Channel Design for Injection Molding Proceeding of the World Congress on Engineering 2009, London, U.K, July 1 – 3. Vol I.
7. Park and Dang. (2010). Structural optimization based on CAD-CAE integration and metamodeling techniques. Computer Aided Design 2010; 42: 889–902. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2010.06.003
8. Hamdy Hassan, Nicolas Regnier, Ce´dric Le Bot, Guy Defaye, (2010) “3D study of cooling system effect on the heat transfer during polymer injection molding. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Volume 49, Issues 1, Jan 2010 pp. 161–169. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2009.07.006
9. Khurram Altaf, Ahmad Majdi, Abdul Rani, Vijay R. Raghavan, (2013) “Prototype production and experimental analysis for circular and profiled conformal cooling channels in aluminium filled epoxy injection mould tools.” Rapid prototyping journal, 2013, pp. 220-229. https://doi.org/10.1108/13552541311323236
10. Hearunyakij M, Sontikaew S and Sriprapai D. (2014) Improvement in the cooling performance of conformal mold cooling by using fin concept. Int J Min Metall Mech Eng 2014; 2: 41–46.
11. Au KM and Yu KM. (2011). Modeling of multi-connected porous passageway for mold cooling. Comput Aided Design 2011; 43: 989–1000. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2011.02.007
12. Au KM and Yu KM. (2014). Variable distance adjustment for conformal cooling channel design in rapid tool. J Manuf Sci E 2014;136: 44501-1–44501-9. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4026494