Syed Kashif Hussain, Mir Safiulla
Syed Kashif Hussain1*, Dr. Mir Safiulla2
1Khaja Banda Nawaz College of Engineering, Gulbarga, Karnataka, India.
2Ghousia College of Engineering Ramanagaram, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
In transport aircrafts, most of the lift load is taken up by wing structure, due to which the wings of the aircraft bend upward during the flight. This results in compression and tension in upper and lower skins resulting in the plate buckling phenomenon in the skin. As buckling reduces the ability of the component to take up load, the component may eventually fail well below the design load. The structure should have a buckling factor greater than one for safe operations. In the current review, research on buckling behaviour of wing box panel of an aircraft is explored.
Cite this article:
Syed Kashif Hussain, Mir Safiulla. A Review on Buckling Behavior of Aircraft Wing Box Panel. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2021;12(4):95-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-581X.2021.00020
Syed Kashif Hussain, Mir Safiulla. A Review on Buckling Behavior of Aircraft Wing Box Panel. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2021;12(4):95-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-581X.2021.00020 Available on: https://ijersonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-4-1
1. Nishant Verma, P.S. Rao, S.C.Vettivel. Characterization and Experimental Investigation on Mechanical Behavior of B4C and RHA reinforced Aluminium Alloy 7075 hybrid Composite using Stir Casting. Research J. Engineering and Tech. July-September 2017; 8(3):
2. D. Srikanth Rao, N. Gopikrishna, J. Manoj Kumar. Evaluation of Mode-I Fracture Toughness for Composite Laminate - EpoxyGlass Fiber. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2018; 9(1): January- March.
3. V. Devender, V. Mahesh, N. Gopikrishna. Evaluation of Young’s Modulus and Poison’s Ratio using Bulge Test. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2018; 9(1): January- March.
4. Mr. Danish Javid Damnoo, Mr Sathish Kumar. Experimental study on post repair performance of reinforced concrete beams rehabilitated and strengthened with CFRP sheets. A thesis. Research J. Engineering and Tech, 2016; 7(3): July- September.
5. Harkamal Preet Singh, Dr. Amit Chauhan, Dr. Prashant Jindal. Fabrication of Al2024/MWCNT Composite. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 2017; 8(3): July-September.
6. Gaurav Verma. Functionally Graded Materials. Research J. Engineering and Tech., 2016; 7(4): October- December.
7. Bollepelly Manichandra, Aruri Devaraj, Pulluru Satish Kumar. Mechanical and microstructural characterization of Al 6061-t6/SICP nano surface composites by friction stir processing (FSP). Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2018; 9(1): January- March.
8. B. Srikanth, Sri. B. Satish Kumar, Sri. L. Radhakrishna. Mechanical Behavior of Nickel Addition on Aluminium Alloy Al-7175. Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2019; 10(3): July- September.
9. S. S. Yattinahalli, S. B. Kapatkar, S.N.Mathad. Review of Nanoscience Materials and its applications. Research J. Engineering and Tech., 2016; 7(3): July- September.
10. A.K. Matta. Development and Impact testing of a pultruded composite material highway guardrail. Research J. Engineering and Tech., 2013; 4(3): July- Sept.
11. Atevens K. A, Ricci R, Davies G. A. O., “Buckling and PostBuckling of Composite Structures.” Composites 26 (1995):189-199.
12. Dawe D. J, Peshkam V., “A Note on Finite Strip Buckling Analysis of Composite Plate Structures”, Composite Structures 34 (1996): 163-168.
13. Ferreira A. M, Barbosa J. T., “Buckling Behaviour of Composite shells”, Composite Structures 50(2000): 93-98.
14. Eduard R. Buckling and Post-Buckling Analysis of Stiffened Panels in Wing Box Structures. International Journal of Solids and Structures 37 (2000): 6795-6824.
15. Chen yu. Buckling of Rectangular Plates under Intermediate and End Loads. A Thesis Submitted for the degree of Master of Engineering Department of Civil Engineering, National University of Singapore 2003.
16. Eirik Bykluma, Eivind Steen, Jorgen Amdahl. A semi–Analytical Model for Global Buckling and Postbuckling Analysis of Stiffened Panels. Thin-walled Structures 42 (2004): 701-717.
17. Lanzi L. A Numerical and Experimental Investigation on Composite Stiffened Panels into Post-buckling. Thin walled Structures 42 (2004): 1645-1664.
18. Lynch C, Murphy A, Price M, et al. The Computational Post Buckling Analysis of Fuselage Stiffened Panels Loaded in Compression. Thin-walled Structures 42 (2004): 1445-1464.
19. Bisagni C, Vescovini R. Analytical Formulation for Local Buckling and Post-buckling Analysis of Stiffened Laminated Panels. Thin-Walled Structures 47 (2009):318-334.
20. Stamatelos D. G, Labeas G. N, Tserpes K. I. Analytical Calculation of Local Buckling and Post-buckling Behavior of Isotropic and Orthotropic Stiffened Panels. Thin-Walled Structures 49 (2011): 422-430.
21. Oversy H. R, Ghannadpour S. A. M, Zia-Dehkordi E. Buckling analysis of moderately thick composite plates and plate structures using an exact finite strip. Composite Structures 95(2013): 697-704.
22. Kumar, Ravi. Investigation on buckling response of the aircraft’s wing using finite-element method. Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2020, 18. 122-31. 10.1080/14484846.2018.1483467.
23. P. Murugesan and P. Thirumurugan. Analytical and Numerical Investigation of Critical Buckling Analysis of Composite Wing. International OPEN ACCESS Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER).
24. Priyadarsh S J, Anjana Unnikrishnan, M. Venkataramana. Evaluation of Buckling Stability of the Front Spar in an Aircraft Wing. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT) May 2014; 03(05).
25. Xuli and Dawei Ji. A Buckling Analysis of Airframe Jointed Panel under Combined Loading. Int. J. of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2018; 23(4): pp.1035-1042 DOI: 10.2478/ijame-2018-0060.